Happening in the Beehive...

Welcome to a new school year at TMSE! I am so excited to start our SIXTH year, and I am so glad to have your family as part of the adventure!

Learning to Be IB!

At TMSE, we are working hard to become IB Learners. The qualities of an IB Learner include: reflective, open-minded, thinker, inquisitive, risk-taker, knowledgeable, communicator, principled, caring, and balanced. Throughout the school year, we work to build these qualities in all learners, knowing that all students already display many of these qualities. We want them to know it, too!

Monday, March 23, 2015

Back to real life...


Bits from the Birdhouse... D
3/23/15
Welcome back from Spring Break! 
I hope that you were able to enjoy a great week with your family. I was able to visit Pensacola (which is where we lived before we came here), and it was so nice to see old friends. The more I go back to visit though, the more I have come to love Tuscaloosa. I really never thought that would happen, and I am so glad that it has! 

I can't believe that we are on the countdown to the end of second grade. It just doesn't seem possible! 

Please remember that Women's History projects are due on Friday. If your student misplaced theirs over break, PLEASE email me and I will happily send a second copy home. Also, Scholastic book orders are due on Friday. I sent an email with the class code for everyone just in case. 

Be sure to ask your student about this week’s happenings! We will...

  • Introduce our new unit about Natural Resources.
  • Begin our math unit all about fractions. 
  • Have new word study lists. Please be sure to study at home!
  • Start a new novel, Snow Day Dare
  • Work on opinion writing.
  • Have popcorn on Wednesday! 
  • Teacher lunch is Thursday. If you can come sit with our class at 12:30, I would be so thankful! 
  • Send report cards home on Friday. 

We’re ready for a 
great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment